Work & Study
Work. We can help!
- Do you need to find a job to support yourself while you study?
- Would you like to do voluntary work to practise your English while you study?
- Would you like to work after you finish your course?
- Would you like to find work during your travels around Australia?
If you answered “Yes” to any of the above, the staff at SEA are ready to help you. We have been successfully finding jobs for our students since 2001 and through our ‘Work Plus’ program, finding the perfect job for you is easy.
What is Work Plus?
Work Plus is a step-by-step program to assist you in finding a job as soon as you want. If you need a job to support you while you study, you can begin ‘Work Plus’ on day 1 of your course and our staff will assist you each step of the way.
What kind of assistance is provided?
- Opening a bank account
- Applying for your tax file number
- Preparing and proofreading your CV/resume
- Searching for job vacancies
- Understanding job advertisements
- Calling prospective employers
- Interview technique
- Providing information about seasonal work around Australia
- Providing information about tax and superannuation
Please note that your visa dictates what kind of work you can do:
- Student Visa Holders – can work up to 20 hours per week while they’re studying and they must attend 80% of their course of study. To apply for a student visa you need to enrol in one of our full time courses
- Working Holiday Visa Holders – can work unlimited hours for up to 12 weeks (or for up to 17 weeks if they are doing farmwork)
- Tourist Visa Holders – are not permitted to do paid work in Australia, but may do voluntary work
Call +61 2 9976 6988
Pošlete nám zprávu
Suite 19, 74 – 78 The Corso,
Manly NSW 2095 Australia