Read on for Tips from Three of our Experienced Upper Intermediate Students Iris, Persio and Larissa…
If you are in another country to learn the native language, you have already done the first and the most important step, so below you can find some easy and useful tips to improve your language skills:
- Live with a homestay family: you will practise the language not only at school, but also at home and it’s an opportunity to learn more about the local culture.
- Listen to the radio: to improve your listening skills as you can’t see the face.
- Avoid people from your country: if you really want to get into a language, you should speak and think just in this language.
- Be a good student: you should study hard and do your best!
- Don’t be ashamed to make mistakes: practice makes perfect.
- Read books: you will improve your vocabulary and grammar.
- Adapt your life to the country: try to live like a local.
- Watch movies without subtitles: not only will you enjoy the movie but also improve your listening skills.
- Talk to native speakers: you can learn slang and the accent.
- Keep a vocabulary notebook: if you don’t write down the new words then you can’t remember later.
Therefore, if you follow these tips, you will achieve the goal to be successful, so enjoy the experience and make the best of it!